Sunday, July 06, 2008

It's my Birthday! Magic Babe rocks on!

Birthday's here again! And over now. I spent my birthday week gorging myself crazy with food with all the dinners with my favourite Queenies, cousins and getting sandfly bites. Bloody tenacious buggers made my foot swell with pain. I received a grand total of 10 birthday bites on my right foot..

So where does being 26 leave me? Am I still in my mid 20s or have I been promoted to
late 20s? Geez, I don't want to grow any older but who cares? I'm immortal anyways, I'll probably take over another body next time.

Guess what I got for my 26 birthday? A Fucking Playstation 3! Whooooooooooooooooo Hooooooo! AND it comes complete with..... Devil May Cry 4! (ok so most of the world has completed the game already, but you think I care?)
Just look how the sex simply oozes out of Dante. Hubba hubba! I was ecstatic and I couldn't wait to play with him. (It's the guy on top with the smoldering sideway glance for you non gamers).

Horribly, after 2 nights of playing, my fucking television decided to give me a 'blank stare' in the middle of a mission. Lucky that I've saved the last mission or I swear I'll kill someone and then I'll kill myself. Not after the total destruction of the parent company of my tv brand.

So I called the service centre the next day. The customer service was sweet until I realised that they won't come over and fix your tv if it's a 20" size. You see... never buy local brand products, they treat you like shit. 20" so what? It's still your bloody useless television and I'll have to transport it all the way down to Jurong? Pay for a $20 taxi fare there and another $20 back? Wait for 2 weeks and then pay another $40 to collect it? Since the warranty is
just over, I'll have to pay for the repairs as well. Funny how stuff always spoils slightly after the warranty date is over. No way I'm going to bring it down. If they can't give proper service to their customers because it's a measly 20" then I don't see the point in getting a new one from them anymore.

Well, since our local brand services sucked, I took the liberty to mass SMS my friends hoping to get a contact or 2 out of them for a tv repairman. It was great that 2 of them gave came back to me immediately with it, it was not so great because these 2 contacts did not answer their calls. Weekend you see. Never mind, I waited over a year for DMC4 to come to me, I can wait a while longer. (Actually I can't wait! My life is OVER! Ruined by you buggers who refuse to come and fix my tv!)



But on a good note, make it a GREAT note, Ning's SOUTH EAST ASIA’S FIRST MEGA ESCAPE: THE IMPALEMENT CAGE last night was a roaring success. I'll need to find a clip to load up cos I am so fucking proud of her. I wish all of you suckers who didn't go could've seen her. What sex appeal, such grace and beauty. What DRAMA!


10 seconds into the 90 before the spikes came down, I had to close my eyes. She was only halfway done to freeing herself. I was not breathing and I really had to close my eyes. But then I thought to myself, 'I was invited by Ning to come here and watch her perform the daredevil stunt. I'm right in front with a big bunch of flowers that I wanted to wave in her face when it's over, I damned well better open my eyes to see her get out of there!' I tell you the stress was so whatever, I was sweating. I was like 'Faster faster!' in my head. And she still had time to unpin her hair in the cage before stepping out just 1 sec before the steel spikes came down.

This is the LAST time I want to see this stunt. It just hit me 12 hrs after the performance that you can really DIE from this!!! Reuse all you want, but put a safety net to catch the spikes halfway before it actually impales you babe. Or make the spikes sponge or even better out of burgers. God I sound like a prude. But it's no joke!!! I know you're immortal too but it's so dangerous... you could scrape your fingers and have blood smeared, precisely what happened last night! And she lost 2 toenails during rehearsals...

Check her out with JC Sum @ The Arena
Click here to purchase online sneak previews which start in August or buy them over the counter at SISTIC outlets.

This is their one hour illusion show, Ultimate Magic (Singapore’s first permanent illusion show) which goes for an hour at 7.30pm every Saturday at The Arena.
After which, JC Sum and Magic Babe will perform every Mon - Sat at 5pm & 7pm from September 2008 to 2010.

This is great! Her very own show! And so many good things on the way too!

Watch this space for July 5th's Impalement Cage photos!

No comments: