Monday, December 25, 2006

Food and parties and presents

To fully enjoy my festive mood, I've unintentionally planned a string of dinners and parties to attend. And guess what? They all involve lots of food....

20th December 2006
First of, I've got a wedding dinner to attend on the 20th of December 2006. My ex-Versace collegue, Arey. I sat at the Muslim table for the first time. Instead of the varities of Chinese food, I was having a different course altogether. They were mostly Malay dishes like baby fried squid, spring rolls for cold dish and 'soto' instead of sharksfin. Rendang, sambal chicken and rice were served as well.


Arey's wedding. She looks beautiful. Stunning.

22nd December 2006
I met up with the girls from school for a pre Christmas dinner at someplace near Rogue. I had the best steak and pizza and apple crumble. Those were all mine.

Zann and I waiting for our second round of food. Scary how we pile it all in. Actually, just look at my size hahaha!

23rd December 2006
Eddy's Land Rover friends, Helen and Thomas, were breaking in their new BBQ pit and we were invited for the opening ceremony. Helen's bacon macroni was to die for.. and the secret recipe of her husband, Thomas's potato salad can kill you. And not to mention my absolute favourite, STEAK and hamburgers and my not so fav prawns. Tell me I haven't put on weight. I'll kill myself now... BBQ food is always the best, you can burn them all you want, and it doesn't matter how uncooked your steak is cos you're eating it anways!

At the outdoor verandah. It's too dark you can't really see much but the ambience was so good. With all the rain, the weather was so cool.

So this is why Ben and Jerry's Phish Food is named as so.


Helen and Thomas, our hosts, if you can make them out. She's going to have a baby soon, so all the best babe!




24th December 2006

This is what Liz gave me for Chiristmas! It's the little birdy in the middle looking at the camera! The present exchange was great, we all recieved such awesome presents. I got fooled by them girls at the shop when Razia took out a company present and urged me to open it. I did so excitedly and I found.... 2 packets of Hello Panda biscuits.... I went, 'Hello Panda???' The company gift must have hit the all time low man. I must've sounded really disappointed cos they all screamed with laughter. I should have recorded my face. Apparently, I've been hoodwinked. No wonder Joanne and Razia were so eager for me to go down on my off day. To see my reaction. Check out what the girls got!

Liz said: " Kitty for Razia cos she's very manja manja (pampered?), Birdy for me cos I love birds and a chameleon for Mimi cos she's a chicak kobeng (I spell anyhow), meaning she's a lizard." It was hilarious!

Miss Lizard, Mimi...

Razia the kitty and her little bear also from Liz

Liz and her comfortable comforter from Mimi, looking absolutely blissed out!

Remember what I mentioned before about taking pictures with prettier girls? DON'T! Just end up looking like bleah...


At night, it's on to my place for dinner! We have it every Christmas eve even though we're not Christians. It's just an excuse to get together and eat and scream with family and friends!

My little niece can't wait to open her present. The only pink one I wrapped specially for her. My favourite cousin Moo Peck (in pink and glasses) looks on urging her to question me about her presents instead of opening them.


Her brother Jyh Hean starting dinner first even though the main dishes haven't arrived! Dig the look of concentration!

Eating but still wanting to take a picture. Can la. Do both.

Cousin Kenny and gorgeous girlfriend

Fguly me with my presents from my other favourite cousins, sisters Jamie and Cheryl.


This is Jamie. The ribbon was there when the picture was taken, it disappeared shortly after.


Cheryl all grown up already. I wish I was 19 too.


Present finally opened, my niece proudly shows off her pink pink pink little gifts!


Looking at the birds? Count 'em!

Dad with Razia's son Ashil, shoing how Jacky the Quaker can say 'Keep quiet ok?'


Attempting the whistle song while Ashil looks on expectantly.


Hannah my cousin


Food man, glorious food! There's more hidden inside the kitchen!


The only nice picture of me with my cousin and Yenling and it had to be a blurred one! Shit-o!


Oh here's another. But not nice.


Jamie and best friend and our ex-Versace collegue, Yenling.


Nobody's looking! Quick dip your fingers in and lick it!

The staff of Versace and ex staff :D


Tomorrow is Christmas and I'm having a fine day. No food. Let's do a check to see what I recieved this year!
  • Eddy - LCD TV (wowza)
  • Razia -black sexy corset (which I chose)
  • Liz - Body Shop soap, a sweet parrot pen and girl teddy bear (parroty pen!)
  • Mimi - Ikea assortment holder
  • Jamie - BOOK!!!!! I love books!
  • Cheryl- Belgian chocolates. (think FAT)
  • Rachel- nail polish and photo frame
  • Jamie's boyf- chocolates! (yikes!)
  • Ning - pink pack of cards (sweet!)
  • Mabes- candie (which I ATE THAT NIGHT!)
  • Nat - Lipstick! (i love the colour)
  • when I remember I'll write in
So you tell me lah. All the food, not to mention all those that customers gave, all the log cakes and fruit cakes and chocolates, who won't get fat? Oh I have another wedding on the 26th... Eddy's friend's. Hydroxycut please.

No comments: